PRIME Minister Morgan Tsvangirai formally introduced his new wife Elizabeth Macheka to President Mugabe and Vice President Joice Mujuru at State House yesterday.
The introduction took place shortly before the routine Monday meeting of Principals in the inclusive Government.
“The PM introduced his wife to President Mugabe and Vice President Mujuru before the Principals’ meeting.
“We are not sure of what was said during the meeting, but Ms Macheka later emerged from State House together with VP Mujuru,” a source said yesterday.
PM Tsvangirai’s spokesperson Mr Luke Tamborinyoka confirmed that his boss officially introduced his wife to President Mugabe and VP Mujuru yesterday.
He said PM Tsvangirai was customarily married to Ms Macheka and a ceremony was held in Buhera last week to welcome her into the Tsvangirai family.
“It’s true that the Prime Minister introduced his wife to President Mugabe and VP Mujuru today. It’s his wife . . . The PM did this out of courtesy because as a public figure, it’s not good for him to introduce his wife at a public function or a funeral.
“A traditional ceremony to welcome her (Ms Macheka) to the family was held in Buhera over the weekend,” he said.
Mr Tamborinyoka declined to disclose when the PM paid lobola and how much he paid.
“I have confirmed what you wanted and that is enough,” he said.
Yesterday’s introduction put to rest speculation on who PM Tsvangirai’s wife was.
Incoming search terms:
- Morgan Tsvangirai Girlfriend
- tsvangirai new wifes house
- mugabe meets sheikh uae
- Mugabe: Villain or Hero? ~ National 4 Apr, at 01 : 30 AM
- No role for Tsvangirai in by-elections: Judge ~ Breaking News, National 3 Apr, at 17 : 44 PM
- Gvt repossesses mining land from Zimplats ~ Business, National 29 Mar, at 18 : 30 PM
- Zimbabwe Constitution Bill gazetted ~ Breaking News, National 29 Mar, at 18 : 09 PM
- Credibility of political parties, candidates questioned ~ Breaking News, National 29 Mar, at 18 : 36 PM