HUNDREDS of thousands of Zanu-PF supporters converged at the historic Zimbabwe Grounds in Highfield, Harare, yesterday for the launch of the revolutionary party’s manifesto and 2013 election campaign.
The highly-subscribed star rally, that turned the hallowed grounds into a sea of yellow and green, was reminiscent of President Mugabe and the late Vice President Joshua Nkomo’s triumphant return to Zimbabwe from Mozambique and Zambia in January 1980 where they had successfully led Zanla and Zipra guerillas to victory over the Smith regime.
The colourful launch which just like the party’s campaign ran under the theme “Taking Back The Economy: Indigenise, Empower, Develop and Create Employment’’ set the stage for what is set to be an intense three-week campaign tailored to culminate in a resounding victory for Zanu-PF.
All the party’s parliamentary candidates were introduced to supporters with the Presidium shaking hands with each of them.
The Zanu-PF candidates for the elections are dubbed Team Zanu-PF and have the brief of slamming the ball into the back of the net in every constituency countrywide.
The party has since got a head start on other contestants, bagging 26 council wards unopposed countrywide.
Before the arrival of the President, a number of groups provided entertainment to the crowd in the morning among them Mbare Chimurenga Choir, Vabvuwi, Jah Prayzah, the Born Free Crew, Mathias Mhere, Sebastian Magacha and Suluman Chimbetu.
Incoming search terms:
- zanu pf manifesto 2013
- zanu pf manifesto
- team zanu pf
- zanu pf election manifesto
- zanu pf 2013 manifesto
- zanu pf election manifesto 2013
- zanu pf 2013 election manifesto
- zanupf_ 2013_election manifesto
- No EU-AU summit without Mugabe: African leaders ~ Breaking News, National 5 Feb, at 17 : 24 PM
- Mugabe: The man who has 'died' many times ~ National, Opinion & Analysis 23 Jan, at 01 : 33 AM
- Tsvangirai and Elizabeth living apart ~ Breaking News, National 31 Dec, at 22 : 06 PM
- Mandela dies ~ Breaking News, National 5 Dec, at 22 : 42 PM
- Tsvangirai failing to pay workers ~ Breaking News, National 4 Dec, at 23 : 00 PM